I love talking to people — both IRL and online — but it’s also nice to sit quietly in my office and work on my kids’ book. So far, I’ve written three very different books that teach kids about the world’s religions in three very different ways. Interested in an author visit at your school? Reach out here, and we’ll work out the details!
My latest, ABCs of the World Religions, was released in Sept., 2023. Each letter in the book is given a 2-page spread with full color illustrations created, once again, by the amazing Raman Bhardwaj. Raised in India and now living in North Carolina, he brings both his artistic talents and his knowledge of the world’s religions to his work, and I’m eternally grateful.
- Appropriate for homes of any faith/no faith
- Non-devotional and constitutionally-appropriate for classrooms
- Rhyming couplets on left-hand pages perfect for Preschool-Kindergarten kids
- Additional context and comparisons on right-hand pages for Elementary kids
We All Have Sacred Spaces, published in 2020, was a pandemic project, even though the idea had been rumbling around in my head for several years. Sitting at home in my yoga pants gave me time to scroll through hundreds and hundreds of photos from around the world, selecting the best ones for this book. I was both honored and surprised by the numerous accolades it received, including a Gold Award from the Nonfiction Authors Association and a Bronze “IPPY” in the Multicultural Non-Fiction for Juvenile/YA. It explores the exteriors and interiors of sacred spaces in 7 different traditions and still maintains an all-5-star rating on Amazon!
- Great for grandparents, parents, and faith communities
- Appropriate for history, social studies, and global studies lessons.
- Can be read in a single sitting or over time
- Geared to kids ages 4-10, but adults say they learn a lot too!
Embracing Peace: Stories from the World’s Faith Traditions offers a fascinating glimpse into how humans have used story to teach kids about living in harmony with the world around them. A 2021 Finalist in American BookFest’s Children’s Religious category, it features 16 of my favorite stories from various centuries, cultures, and religions. My versions of these classic tales also make use of unique formatting to keep both readers and listeners engaged.
- Each story has its own full-color illustration
- Informational boxes offer tidbits about each tradition
- Questions encourage reflection & emotional expression
- Read one story at a time for bedtime, quiet time or a peace lesson!